Anxiety is a normal human emotion that everyone experiences at times. Many people feel anxious, or nervous, when faced with a problem at work, before taking a test, or making an important decision. Anxiety disorders, however, are different. They can cause such distress that it interferes with a person’s ability to lead a normal life.
What are the types of Anxiety Disorders?
There are several recognized types of anxiety disorders, including:
- Panic Disorder: People with this condition have feelings or terror that strike suddenly and repeatedly with no warning. Other symptoms of a panic attack include sweating, chest pain, palpitations (usually strong or irregular heartbeats) and a feeling of choking, which may make the person feel like he or she is having a heart attack or “going crazy.”
- Social anxiety disorder: Also called social phobia, social anxiety disorder involves overwhelming worry and self-consciousness about everyday social situations. The worry often centers on a fear of being judged by others, or behaving in a way that might cause embarrassment or lead to ridicule.
- Specific phobias: A specific phobia is an intense fear of a specific object or situation, such as snakes, heights, or flying. The level of fear is usually inappropriate to the situation and may cause the person to avoid common, everyday situations.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder. This disorder involves excessive, unrealistic worry and tension, even if there is little or nothing to provoke the anxiety.
What are the Symptoms of an Anxiety Disorder?
Symptoms vary depending on the type of anxiety disorder, but general symptoms include:
- Feelings of panic, fear, and uneasiness
- Problems sleeping
- Cold or sweaty hands and/or feet
- Shortness of breath
- Heart palpitations
- An inability to be still and calm
- Dry mouth
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- Muscle tension
Dr. Matta is well known for his success in dealing with anxiety and even panics attacks. Numerous medical doctors refer clients to him to help their patients deal with anxiety and panic attacks.
Dr. Mata uses clinically proven techniques to help deal with anxiety, and panic. You will learn to emotionally reset yourself to conquer anxiety.